View our frequently asked questions below.
I want more preparedness information. Do you have social media accounts?
I am not an official University Entity, but am located within the University’s footprint. I want to be prepared for a disaster. Can you help me?
- Follow us on the Division of University Safety’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter Page
- Email us anytime at OEM@uconn.edu
- Check out Seconds for Safety
How do I call 911 from a Regional Campus landline?
- Yes! We are happy to help affiliates create a basic Emergency Operations Plan for their unit.
- Please learn more on our “Community Partners” page.
- Schedule a “preparedness appointment.” Call us at 860-486-5174. Email us at OEM@uconn.edu.
Does OEM offer any training?
- You must dial “8” on any regional campus landline phone to dial out.
- In an emergency, dial 8-911 on a regional campus phone.
- If you’re on a cell phone, just dial 911.
Does OEM have any internship opportunities?
Yes! Please visit our training schedule here. You may also request training by calling us at 860-486-5174 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does shelter-in-place mean?
OEM will have internship opportunities in the future. Stay tuned for the posting!
What should I do if there is an active threat/active shooter in my building?
Find out here.
Where is OEM located?
Run. Hide. Fight. Find out more here.
Our primary office is at 28 Professional Park Road, Storrs, CT 06268.
Visit our contact page for more information.