Essential pet and animal info

Animal Complaints

Animal and wildlife issues are generally handled by the Town of Mansfield Animal Control.
If you have an animal or wildlife issue, you can call UConn Police at 860.486.4800 or call the Mansfield Animal Control Officer at the number below.

Do not hesitate to call 911 if it is an emergency situation.

Mansfield Animal Control

Mansfield Animal Control

Mansfield Animal Shelter
230 Clover Mill Road, Mansfield, CT 06268
Phone: 860.487.0137
Hours: Weekdays 9:00am – 4:00pm

Injured Animals

CAUTION: Injured wildlife are often scared and can be aggressive due to the fact that they are hurt.  Do NOT approach the injured animal to help it.  Injured animals can bite or scratch you if they feel they are being threatened.  Call Animal Control or the police so they can best help the injured animal.

If Your Animal is Attacked

  • Use gloves and a hose to wash your pet’s wounds. Never touch the wounds with bare hands because there may be saliva from a rabid animal present.
  • Call your pet’s veterinarian immediately, even if the wound does not seem serious.
  • Call an animal control officer to remove the wild animal if it is still present.
  • Have your pet re-vaccinated immediately, even if it is up to date on vaccinations.
  • If your pet’s vaccinations are expired, it may need to be held for observation.  Animals cannot be treated after they have been infected with rabies, so it is very important to stay up to date on all vaccines.